Welcome to 100x100music! This is a community for the posting and sharing of music icons: icons of singers, musical artists, bands, song lyrics, etc.
****A NOTE FROM THE MAINTAINER:
As some of you may have noticed, I have had neither the time nor the motivation to monitor this community or keep up with the memories for quite some time now.
Having just checked in, the community seems to be working well enough as a place to simply post music icons, and that's fine with me, but I thought I would take down some of the rules from the userinfo since they are no longer being enforced; I left a slimmed down version of the rules because I saw no reason not to.
If you have the time and the desire to maintain this community and keep up with it (meaning anything from simply monitoring the posts to keeping up with the memories or reinstituting contests), I'd be happy to discuss that possibilitiy with you. Leave a comment at my personal journal if you are interested.
WHAT'S ALLOWED 01. Posting of music-related icons. This includes icons of bands and artists as well as icons of non-music-related pictures with song lyrics on them. You can also post movie icons if they include lyrics from a song in that movie or if it is a movie related to music (like School of Rock).
02. Posting of Friends Only banners and other images if they fit the criteria above.
WHAT'S NOT ALLOWED 01. Posting to advertise a community.
02. Icons or discussion not music-related.
03. Direct linking to anything posted in the community. This is one of my personal pet peeves. If you want to post an image somewhere, save it to your own computer and find a site to host it for you.
A FEW GENERAL GUIDELINES 01. If you're posting more than 4 icons, place the rest behind an lj-cut. Go here to learn how to do this.
02. Icons posted must meet LJ icon requirements. They must be no more than 40k, no more than 100x100 pixels, and in .png, .gif, or .jpg format.
03. If you take an icon, please comment in the post, and credit the user in the keyword of the icon. People like to know who is taking their icons, and if someone looking at your journal sees the icon, they should know who made it.